Ultra Sports Centre Inc. – Scarborough ON
$13-15 an hour – plus performance bonus
Full Time (37.5 hours a week)
Ultra Sports Centre is a leading indoor multi-sport facility in Toronto. We are now recruiting a Sport Coordinator to assist with our growing business. The culture of achievement is grounded in hard work, professionalism, enthusiasm and teamwork. We are looking for an individual who is able to start working immediately and advance their skills to be part of the management team at the complex.
Previous experience is preferable but not necessary for the right candidate. The team member should be athletically inclined and have a background in sports, hospitality or childhood services.
The candidate will lead the facility in the development of sports programing as well as other areas of administration at the facility. This is a multi-faceted role that will give the successful candidate the ability to create, lead, and execute on projects in addition to day-to-day duties.
The objective is to ensure the community has access to high level sports programing.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Run and expand current Drop-in programs
- Create, lead and execute sports programing
- Identifies & recruits the needed contract instructors for the various programs
- Oversees program execution, assist with program creation or implementation, keeps an ongoing record of new drills and preparation of lesson plans for all programs
- Continuously keeps inventory of equipment and replace the needed equipment regularly to include moving equipment on the field / court
- Has strong communication skills with athletes, parents, and instructing staff
- Drive special projects as delegated by management team
- Assist in general facility duties, greet participants, answer phones/emails, etc…
- Assist in process payments and review any necessary payment schedules with clients
- Assist in light cleaning duties when required
- Reliable & trustworthy individual
- Must own a vehicle & live in the eastern GTA
Key skills include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to plan, direct and coordinate the activities of a multi-user recreational program in a fast paced environment
- Effective organizational skills, ability to manage time and prioritize tasks appropriately
- Manage and complete administrative duties required for the position. For example, player registration, program reports, facility reservations, program stats, organizing required player and volunteer forms
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees, various community organizations, and the general public
- Proficient with computers & Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to navigate the internet
- Strong command of the English language – written / verbal communication
- Superior customer service skills, including having the ability to provide resolution to demanding clients
- Cash handling experience an asset
- Taking initiative and working independently when required
- Have strong attention to detail
- Successfully handle confidential information and use appropriate discretion
- Ability to successfully complete a background check including but not limited to: criminal history search, employment verification, education verification, etc…
Minimum Post-Secondary in Sports Management, Hospitality or Childhood Development
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity among our employees.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.